Monday, July 5, 2010

UPDATE!!!

Alright, for any of you who actually check my blog from time to time, you’ll have noticed that I simply have not been posting recently, and for that I apologize. Unfortunately, life took its toll on me, and I simply was not around.

Two years ago I went back to school and I have been hard at work ever since. While most take off at least one term, I have gone every single one of those terms, and crammed everything I could into the time between, whether it be more classes, family trips, etc. My fiancé has also had four major surgeries – he had both hips replaced and both elbows completely reconstructed. This entailed one surgery for each area with a recovery
time that lasted from 3-6 months for each one. This means that often I was up until 3am studying, then up every hour or two to give him his meds, check bandages, take care of things, etc., then up again at 6:30 to take the kids to preschool/elementary, back home to take care of him, off to class, then to preschool to pick up the youngest, back home, off to elementary to pick up the other two, back home to take care of him, off to Girl Scouts or MMA class, back home, dinner, homework, etc. You start to get the idea…

Anyway, the point is that it has been a very hectic couple of years and life really hasn’t slowed down in a long time. Until recently the idea of sleeping in, having an uninterrupted night’s sleep, a meal that wasn’t full of noise and chaos, etc. were all foreign concepts, and it all sort of came to a head during this most recent term of school. For no reason whatsoever, I got completely burnt out (probably didn’t help that his most recent surgery was during finals week, LOL) and I started to shut down in a lot of ways. I just simply couldn’t find the motivation for much of anything. Even school was hard to manage and my grades show the effects of it all.
On the bright side, however, I put my foot down. I made it very clear that I wanted to do NOTHING during my (albeit short) summer break. That I needed to sit at home and veg out, sleep in, and watch stupid TV shows. So, for the past few weeks, I have done mostly just that. I am still not taking any time off of school, but Dale has been wonderful enough to let me sleep in nearly every day for the past few weeks, we have only gone on short, one-night trips camping or to see family, and mostly we have just spent some good quality time with the kids, at the pool, at the park, at home, just re-energizing.

I have to say that I am feeling much better and actually very much looking forward to school starting back up next week rather than dreading it, and I am on the road to recovery so to speak.

For any of you who have been messaging me during these past few months I want to thank you, and for all others, I will apologize. I know that I am generally a very upbeat, cheerful, energetic person, but even the best of us can only be super heros for so long before we wear down.

I will be posting new makeup tutorials/reviews/hauls (videos of any sort) soon, as well as rearranging my blog, and will also be starting to do reviews formally here, so stay tuned!

I love you all!

PS – I realized that I was missing some product lists on here, so while they are late, all are on here now, with dates in the titles!

No comments:

Post a Comment