Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pink Zebra French Manicure Nail Art


Watch this tutorial live! 

Follow me on Twitter 


WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Nail polish in your favorite color
- Black nail art polish (or use your favorite black polish if you have a striping brush of your own)
- Your favorite top coat
- French tip guide stickers (optional)


With this term in school being so outrageously brutal I haven't had a lot of time to make tutorials, and haven't had enough energy to get inspired, so instead I thought I would do a quick, easy nail tutorial. This is my first one, so let me know what you think!


The pink zebra tips are hand-painted, and the colors can be changed to suit your style. I chose a hot pink for this look as it is the middle of summer and I was feeling a bit bold. You could also use this as a full-nail look if you wanted to.


I used the stick-on french tip guides to make it easier to have a clean line and no, these are not my nails. I use the full-coverage tips you buy in the kit from Walmart or wherever (it's about $5-6 for 200). They are a cheaper alternative and much more personalizable than the normal press-ons and I change them every week and make sure to let my nails breathe for at least a few hours to a day before putting on a new set.


It is easiest to put the stickers on first, then paint a coat or two of your base color (keep it thin if you're using the stickers as they will be easier to remove cleanly at the end). Allow to dry for a minute or two between coats.

Then, all you do is paint random wavy lines. Less is more with a look like this, and not matching from nail to nail is okay - it will all even out in the end.

Allow to dry FULLY otherwise when you apply the topcoat it will smudge the zebra lines. Apply topcoat and enjoy!

2 comments: