Thursday, February 11, 2010

Drama

So, today is day 5 or so of my little YouTube experiment, attempt, whatever you want to call it. I've made three videos, and I'm starting to get an idea of what it is I really want to do with my channel, but I'm not yet completely sure how to go about everything yet. There are going to be a few changes happening.

For one, I think I'm going to start putting my list of products here rather than in the description box of the video. It ends up being such a long list of stuff over on the side and I think it is probably a bit daunting.

Other than that, I entered a contest today. StillGlamorus had a contest for 20K subscribers to her channel, and in an attempt to put myself out there, I went ahead and entered myself. I don't really think that I will win anything, but that's alright as it wasn't completely the point. Right now, having only been posting videos for a few days, my channel's exposure is pretty minimal. I have had no subscribers yet, nor have I had a single comment or rating on one of my videos. I have had a few views, so that's a step in the right direction, but it's surprisingly depressing to have not had someone have enough of a reaction to even make a negative comment. Makes me wonder if my looks have been that uninspiring. It's a very strange concept - every day I get complimented on a particular look just going into Walmart or something, and yet nobody on YouTube even notices...

Anyway, I digress...

The point is, I thought maybe if I entered her contest people would look at the video I made and it would put me out there a bit more, even if it is only because they are checking out the competition. Interestingly enough, it's been up an hour and I've already had three views on it, so it seems to be working a bit....

So, enough of my ramblings... Here's to dramatic Valentine's Day looks... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment