Monday, February 8, 2010

New channel, new blog, new hobby...

So, for the last few months I have been getting more and more interested in the world of makeup.

As I got to the end of degree #1 in college, it occurred to me that perhaps wearing makeup would be a good thing (make me look more professional, etc.) and that this wasn't only true of interviews, but something I would need to do on a day-to-day basis and it was time to start getting used to putting it on in the mornings. I wasn't completely sure how to do this. Although in high school it was rare to seen me out of my room without a full face of makeup, much less out of the house, somewhere along the line of having three kids I had gotten out of the habit of putting it on (it's just not high on the priority list when you're a stay-at-home mom with three kiddos one a year or two apart). This left me at a bit of a loss. Sure, I would get dolled up to go out every once in a blue moon, but that meant I had only the most basic of items, and most of those were not of a type that I wanted to use on a daily basis.

So, in my quest to find a good routine, I started watching YouTube videos online, trying to find out what makeup had become in the 5-10 years since I had been wearing it regularly. I tried a few new foundations and then a brush (I have acne, so I thought the brush might be a more sanitary way to put it on than my fingers). Then, I thought a touch or two of color might be nice, so I got online and ordered one of those 120-color eyeshadow palettes as it was a cheap way to have lots of colors.

And thus began my happy little addiction...

It's been about 6-9 months now since I first thought of Googling some makeup reviews and ended up on YouTube, and life (or at least my face) has changed drastically. I have found a love for the dramatic and a self-confidence I never knew before (it takes a certain kind of personality to be willing to wear what are often rather bold looks in public). And now? Well, now I'm continuing the trend. I've created a channel on YouTube and will shortly begin uploading some tutorials/product reviews, and of course one has to have a blog to go along with the channel, right?

Welcome to my world... Hope you enjoy the ride. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment