Monday, January 10, 2011

hCG experiment - day 1

Today is day #1 of the hCG diet, my first "loading day."

I started taking my drops last night and took them throughout the day as required. As this is a loading day where I am supposed to load up on as many calories as possible I started out my day with a sausage and egg breakfast sandwich, had a cheeseburger for lunch, and some chip things for a snack. Normally I wouldn't eat so bad in a day but I'm supposed to build lots of expendable fat. By dinner I have to admit I'm not the least bit hungry. The very thought of having greasy BBQ chicken, sweet potato, and green beans is a bit too much for me and Dale is nagging me to "please, just eat something..."

Had a coffee drink with breakfast and some soda with lunch - am trying to cut back a bit on the caffeine to prevent too much in the way of headaches on day 3 as I start the restricted diet. I am allowed as much coffee or tea as I want, provided I do not sweeten it with sugar, so am thinking I will live partially off iced tea with sweet-n-low or something in it. Also drank about a liter and a half of water today (am supposed to drink at least 2 L once I start the diet) and I figure this, added to about 20 oz of soda and my coffee in the morning, comes out to close to my 2 L of water for the day.

SYMPTOMS:
Not sure if it's purely psychological, the drops, or just my own reaction to eating so much junk today, but I am frankly just not hungry, and got progressively less hungry throughout the day. 

Have had to pee all flippin' day long (then again, that's bound to happen when you suddenly jump to drinking so much water). Interestingly enough, I feel somewhat dehydrated (thirsty). I think this is due to the drop-taking process - you put the drops under your tongue and keep them there for 2 minutes, then can't eat or drink for a minimum of 20 to allow them to properly absorb. This process makes me thirsty every time, although not uncomfortably so. The drops also make my tongue tingle and taste sort of like medicine (both of which make sense since the drops have ethanol as a preservative).

Otherwise, nothing abnormal other than some slight nausea throughout the day. Felt energized and happy, and was as efficient as usual at work. 

Weight: thought it might be interesting to take a "starting weight" today, so hopped on the scale. It WAS after eating my sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich and drinking a Seattle's Best Iced Latte so it may be a bit off, but not by much. Weight today was exactly 306 lbs.

REACTION
So far, am relatively unaffected by the drops apart from having to stop my day for two minutes, six times per day. Have figured out a schedule that will work well for the work week - will take drops when I wake up, on my first break, lunch, and second break, then again on my way home before dinner, with the final dose just before bed. This spreads them out relatively evenly. Have felt tiny bit of nausea similar to mild morning sickness (how ironic, LOL). Have gotten progressively less hungry and had to convince myself to eat more than actually being hungry as day went on. Am curious how tomorrow will go - if this will continue or it's just a fluke. If this is as bad as it gets and I actually lose weight I will be over the moon....

No comments:

Post a Comment