Tuesday, January 11, 2011

hCG experiment - day 2

Going to make this a short post (I just spent most of the evening setting up my world for the low-cal portion of the diet so I'm super tired). 

Today's weight: 306.4 (+0.4 lbs) - not surprising as this was "loading day" #2.

Symptoms: 
Have continued to have mild levels of nausea off and on throughout the day, reminiscent of early weeks of pregnancy (ironic, right?). Otherwise, feel fine. 

Have gotten progressively less hungry throughout the day. Still not a believer, so we'll see how hungry I am tomorrow - am still convinced it's psychological or that it is a result of the amount of food I've been eating (which truthfully isn't that much if I'm honest - had coffee in the morning (I managed to drink half in 4 hrs before I threw it out) and bought a cranberry-orange "muffin top", which I never did eat. I had a salad and a chicken quesadilla for lunch and was stuffed by the time I was done. Then, for dinner, some spaghetti (about half a plate and was STUFFED). Looking back on essentially a meal and a half with no hunger or anything, I'm inclined to say this is a good sign. Felt energized, happy, and "smart" all day long - went and visited my mom for a bit and she asked me if I was "feeling wired" - this was about an hour ago, so this is again a good sign for energy levels. 

Preparations:
Bought all the stuff for the diet that I didn't get a few days ago, then spent about two hours preparing. While I was at mom's, borrowed her digital scale, then came home and portioned out a family pack of boneless, skinless chicken breast and one of lean steak into 100g portions, then bagged them all and stuck part in the freezer and cooked the other bit and put it in the fridge ready to go for meals for the next few days. Also made a gallon of iced tea (which I will sweeten artificially) for caffeine and cut up a bunch of veggies and stuck them in tupperware for an easy grab in the morning.

Summary:
All seems well so far and am curious to see what happens over the next few days as I transition to the VLCD (very low calorie diet). 

Also got the "Weight Loss Cure" by Kevin Trudeau to read in the interest of a more recent point of view on this diet (since the manuscript "Pounds and Inches" by Dr. Simeons is from the 50s or something).


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment