Saturday, January 15, 2011

hCG experiment - day 5/6

Didn't post last night, so will do an overview of the past two days... 

Weight 1/14/11: 300.2 (-3.4 lbs)
Weight 1/15/11: 299.0 (-1.2 lbs)

We went out with some friends last night. While it is not a part of the diet, I did plan on drinking and, as such cut back on what little I ate throughout the day. My weight loss for the day ended up drastically stunted, but I still lost weight so I was thrilled and it was worth the bit of loss to go have such fun with our friends.

Am getting used to the diet and learning how to make myself happier with the food I have. Hardest is becoming the ONE vegetable per meal. I can't, for instance, have tomatoes and onions so I can't have salsa. This is very frustrating on a lot of levels. 

Spent a while today researching hCG diet meal recipes. There is a lot more one can make within the meal restrictions than you would think, so I will be trying some of those recipes and posting them here if I find a great one. 

My two days off was a nice break from how crazy life has been lately, but it was also the hardest few days for my diet. It has been brutal to smell corn dogs or pizza or french toast when it's time for the kids to eat. I do realize that they are not on a diet and shouldn't suffer, but it doesn't make it easier. 

Went to a local store today and found some really fun things that are already making a difference in my point of view, though. One is called Liquid Aminos. Suggested by one of the sites with all the recipes, it's some kind of amino acid compilation derived from soybeans and is touted as a healthier alternative to soy sauce. It's amazing. Had boiled cabbage for dinner with that and some Veg-Aid seasoning on it and it was really good. The Veg-Aid was another thing I bought that seems to have been money well-spent. I also purchased Vanilla Creme liquid Stevia drops that I'm hoping will let me make diet chai and/or coffee. I always used Splenda and nonfat milk in my chai so it was relatively low-cal before, but since I can't have the milk I'm hoping the drops will be a good alternative. Also FINALLY found the grissini (breadsticks). MUCH better than the Melba toast I have taken to calling the "damn crouton" (LOL!!). 

I go back to work tomorrow for a day, then Monday is my dentist appointment, so I expect that Tuesday morning my weight loss will be off. I am terrified of the dentist enough that I have to take anti-anxiety medication to cope with the visit, so will probably not be taking the drops/eating properly. 

Overall, I'm thrilled to be back under 300, and glad that my step out of the diet didn't derail me too far. Realistically, I expect to switch to around a pound per day anyway here sometime soon, so a pound is a really reasonable amount of weight to lose.

I'm finally starting to be a believer. It's a miserable way to eat and live my life right now, but I've 7 pounds if you start from the morning of my first loading day, 7.6 if you calculate it Dr. Simeon's way - on the morning of the beginning of the VLCD. I am thinking that I will probably do a series of 3-week increments rather than the 6-8 week ones, but I'm excited to be smaller before my wedding in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment