Thursday, January 13, 2011

hCG experiment - day 3

Just realized I forgot to post this yesterday, so here goes....

Today I did my first VLCD (very low calorie diet) day. I was surprised by how much food I could eat even with such severe restrictions, and how full I was overall throughout the day. Am not normally a breakfast eater, so it wasn't too shocking to my system to have nothing in the morning, although I did definitely miss having my coffee drink. Made tea last night so I drank some sweetened with stevia, but it wasn't the same. 

Got hungry around the time I would normally have eaten lunch (my shift at work has changed, so I now eat lunch about an hour later than normal), so I had my piece of Melba toast - which is a RIDICULOUS little bit of bread, LOL! - this actually satisfied the growling, believe it or not. 

Had chicken, cucumber slices with a bit of vinegar (one veggie version of cucumber salad), and an apple for lunch.

No snack in the afternoon, so I moved onto a similar dinner (exchanged the cucumbers for celery and threw my apple in the microwave with cinnamon and allspice on it for "dessert"). Was hungry before bed and in the afternoon, but not unbearably, and had great energy throughout the day.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with my reaction to the diet so far - I anticipated things being much less pleasant. Curious to see what tomorrow will bring on the scale....

Today's weight: 306.6 (+0.2 lbs). Rather happy with the fact that I clearly didn't eat enough to do much of anything weight-wise yesterday, as I was deliberately TRYING to eat high-cal foods but simply couldn't stomach them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment